- Mostly self-taught. Took several extra-curricular courses on drawing in high school.
In the 1980’s I took several Continuing Adult Education courses on art and portrait
painting at Memphis State University (now University of Memphis). Have continued
the private study of numerous artists and techniques throughout my career. I have
seriously painted in oils since the early 1980’s and have been an experienced photographer
since the early 1970’s. Started and ran a business as a professional technical and
wedding photographer throughout the 1970’s and 1980’s.
- Taught a free acrylic workshop on October 15, 2016 as part of a public arts educational
outreach program sponsored by the Monroeville Arts Council at the Monroeville Public
- Was a Certified Grumbacher Art Instructor teaching adult art classes on acrylic fine
art painting at three different Michaels stores in the Pittsburgh area August - December,
2010. Conducted many live public demonstrations of acrylic painting.
- Was also formerly a William Alexander Oil Painting Instructor for Jo-Ann Fabrics
and Crafts at several of their stores in the Pittsburgh area in 2003 and 2004. Taught
numerous classes and performed several in-store live oil painting demonstrations.
- Have spoken and given art demonstrations at the invitation of various groups in the
Pittsburgh / Greensburg area. Was also invited several times to demonstrate oil
painting to Elementary School classes in the Franklin Regional School system and
to judge several art competitions.
- Served as the judge for the 2012 First Annual Art Show by Birthright of Pittsburgh,
Inc. in Oakland, June 3, 2012. This show was organized to celebrate the 40th anniversary
of the founding of this organization.
- Have served as one of two jurors to review submissions and select artists who would
be allowed to exhibit at the ELAINE BIONDI GALLERY SPACE at the Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Public Library on three occasions, selecting monthly exhibitions for 2009 through
- Served as the judge for the 2009 Community Arts and Activities Center(CCAC) Juried
Art Exhibition, November 7-29, 2009 in Jeannette, Pennsylvania.
- Served as a judge for the Heritage Elementary School Science and Art Fair (Franklin
Regional School District, Murrysville, PA) in 2004 through 2009.
- Served as the judge for the NORWIN ART LEAGUE'S Member Exhibition at the Monroeville
Mall in September, 2008.
- Judged a poster contest for the Lions Club International in 2004.
- Presently a member of the PITTSBURGH SOCIETY OF ARTISTS (PSA) and the EAST SUBURBAN
ARTISTS LEAGUE (ESAL). Formerly the Exhibitions Chairman for ESAL and currently
their Webmaster for http://www.ESALart.org and their Exhibitions Chair for shows
at The Elaine Biondi Gallery Space (Monroeville, PA Public Library).